Vigil Maldonado Detention Center
Contract Amount: $7,682,931.00
Client: Colfax County
Architect: Vigil & Associates
Duration: 365 days
Brief Description –
- A two tier Pod addition with 24 cells/48 beds (approx. 5,940 sf) of CMU exterior walls with interior pre-manufactured metal security cells complete with furniture and fixtures. The pod addition includes a sub control area, two outdoor exercise areas with security cage ceilings, a rear hall/access chase with steel ship ladders for access to second tier chase, concrete filled composite metal deck at the second floor with a secure cage partition wall at balcony, concrete filled steel pan stair construction, and double dome skylights.
- Medical Suite & Kitchen addition (approx. 2,540 sf) consisting of a full service commercial kitchen with new walk-in freezer/cooler, laundry room with new washers/dryers, medical exam room with two (2) premanufactured metal security cells complete with furniture and fixtures, an office and storage room. This addition houses new mechanical, electrical, and security electronic support spaces for the entire facility at completion.
- Administration addition (approx. 1,370 sf) consisting of an entryway vestibule, waiting area, offices, conference room, and staff lounge.
- Storage addition (approx. 250 sf) for inmate property to include two sets of double doors and shelving.
- Security Electronic Systems include, but are not limited to, master controls/ equipment, secure door controls and hardware at all new and existing doors (including cell doors), intercom system, and CCTV system at interior and exterior.
- MEP systems include, but are not limited to, new medium and maximum type devices and fixtures, smoke evacuation systems, existing ductwork to remain at existing Pods A, B, and F, new rooftop units at most existing pods (rooftop unit at Pod B and existing MAU at kitchen to be reinstalled), new transformer and back-up generator, new fire and domestic water to Pod addition, new sewer main and grinder, and new gas.
- Site work includes, but is not limited to, site grading and drainage, perimeter security chain link fencing (14ft high with barbed wire and embedded chain link fence into a continuous concrete curb), automatic chain link gates, base course fire apparatus road, site utilities, new site light poles, new paved parking lot, concrete paving, and new planting.