At Franken Construction we value every employee’s well being and health, so we take continued safety training very seriously. As a General Contractor that self-performs numerous construction trades, along with subcontractor management, a strong safety program is important to the success of our company. We incorporate safety training into everything we do, from beginning to end, because it helps to instill the attitude of “Safety First” in all of our team members.
Our staff are trained in the latest safety techniques so that they have the needed expertise to drive project schedules, deliver exceptional construction administration, and effectively manage risk. When working with Franken Construction, all employees participate in an initial safety orientation upon being hired, as well as consistent involvement in our continued education program, which at minimum requires:
- OSHA 30 hour Construction Industry training for all Supervisors and Superintendents every 3 years
- OSHA 10 hour Construction Industry training for all field employees and tradesmen, every 3 years
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification for all staff every 2 years
- Bi-monthly job site safety audits and onsite safety “refresher” training’s
- Monthly in depth trades and/or safety training (mandatory 4 -8 hour sessions)
- Compliance with site Specific Safety and Emergency Response Plans for each project
- Participation in weekly construction safety meetings and daily pre-task planning
As a result of our “Safety First” training program, Franken Construction has not only lowered the number construction accidents to successfully reduce our Experience Modification Rate (EMR) over the past four years, we have also developed a strong culture of camaraderie.
Safety is an integral part of our business philosophy because it pays dividends to everyone involved, even our clients. With lowered safety risk statistics and a stronger overall team competency, Franken Construction is able to provide greater value to our customers with substantially reduced labor costs, as well as the efficiency of a cleaner and safer job site.